Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ricky, this is for you

So Ricky Borba shows up for our flag football game this weekend, and for the second time in the last two times he's talked to me, he says to me, "nate i really wish you'd start blogging again." so, ricky, this is for you. I'll come back with a little bit more important stuff to talk about later (or never), but I gotta start with this:

Flag football stats so far!
Today I:
caught 3 passes for estimated 30 yards (including one that was tipped by another player before i snagged it out of the air). i also dropped one other pass that went right through my hands
i threw 3 touchdown passes, 1 interception, and got sacked once. I don't know the exact stats, but I would guess my passing was probably about 12-14 of 26-30 for 130 yards-ish.
had 3-4 "tackles," one pass defensed, and probably about a few blow assignments.


Last week, if I remember...
I threw 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions. I dont' remember getting sacked at all, but i might have had one. The touchdown was probably the best pass i've thrown in my life to Chris F who could be a dangerous target for me this year.
I rushed probably about 6-7 times for probably 40-50 yards.
Defensively, i didn't do much stat-wise (though I directed the defense from the middle linebacker spot). i probably got 3-4 "tackles" and i deflected one pass i should have intercepted.

with 8 more games to go, I should set a goal or something. I'd like to throw a total of 15 touchdowns with 14 or less interceptions. I'd like to run (in games were rushing is allowed) an average of about 25-30 yards per game. I'd like 4-5 interceptions, 3-4 sacks, and an average of 3-4 "tackles" per game.


I should also put together a simple short rule book for our house rules. You know, "if we have 7 on 7, we play like this. if we have 8-on-8, etc."

anyways, that's all for now

No comments: