Saturday, April 16, 2011

Will an eBook Bleed if Pricked?

This was my bounty from Half-Price Books today. The last ones in my Chandler & Hammett collections. I don't count their collections of short stories...by and large I'm a novel and novella sort of guy. Very rarely do I get into short stories.

I'm glad I didn't order the Lawrence Block book on amazon the other day.  I'm not a fan of amazon. Too convenient. No mystery or suprise when you finally find that book you've scoured bookstores for a year to find. Nothing you can feel. I feel the same about eBooks. Not a fan. I'm very worried they're going to completely dilute the pool of available literature. Half the stuff they publish is already crap...if every joe blow without an editor can e-publish...We might as well be reading fan fic. That's the quality standard to which we'll hold ourselves.

I do fear it will be difficult to track down some Carroll John Daly novels. They're pretty rare. But it'll be a happy day when I find some...

PS if you can't (or are too lazy) to read the book titles' it's: The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett; Farewell, My Lovely by Raymond Chandler; and The Girl with the Long Green Heart by Lawrence Block. I'll let you know how they turn out.


No comments: