Friday, July 10, 2009

A Weakness for Unknown Melon Fruit

It's day 3 of my blogging scheme, and I still haven't decided exactly what to write about yet. Should decide quickly, 'cuz I've already started the entry.

If you wanna know the truth, I'm largely writing because my xBox is out of service. It died the other day, sunday night. Overheated and crashed the cpu. So I put in a word order for warranty repair, and that was easy enough. Of course, in order to get the prepaid shipping label that was promised with it took no less than an hour and a half on the phone with customer service, and five different customer service agents. Seriously. At one point, their solution was "why don't you just wait a few hours and try it again. if it doesn't work then just call back tomorrow."

On top of that, it's beign shipped via UPS. Not a big fan of UPS, and not just because I work for the competition. the last 3 times i've dealt with UPS, it's been customer service disasters. Nightmares. I would never use them voluntarily after those fiascos. But Microsoft was paying for the shipping and all, so I didn't have much of a choice.

Since I work for FedEx, i know a little bit about packing and such, so I packed up my xBox all pretty and perfectly, and then dropped it off at the UPS store down the street from my house. I was in a rush, so I gave it to the girl quick-like. She says to me, "wait, I need to give you your receipt." I don't need the receipt, she's got someone in line, i'm in a rush, and i've already got the tracking number, so I tells her, "I'm in a rush, I don't need it," and turn to leave.

She gives me this glare like I'm satan, lifts my box off of the weighing scale, and drops it on the floor. Bam! Good thing I'm a professional packer and the xBox was already broken. Ridiculous.

I can tell that this whole warranty shindig is going well. The last time I went through something like this (my HP laptop), i already had it there, fixed, and back in my hands by now. HP was a pleasure to work with about the whole thing. Too bad everyone else can't be the same...

I ate a Canary Mellon the othe day. Yeah. For sure. What the hell is that? I don't know. i saw it at Safeway and apparently I have a weakness for unknown melon fruit. This happened to me once before, with Starfruit. Odd fruits are pretty mild, I mean, at least after you've drank water out of a tree. and I do mean from the tree...machette to branch, water drips right out into your mouth. In the amazon jungle. Surrounded by an armada of mosquitos. That's just how we roll.

I've actually thought about writing a novel in blog format. You know, every day or every other day or somethign, update a few pages or whatever from the main character(s) pov. I'm not going to committ to doing that. Mostly because I don't think I'd finish it. Or even get very far. I have a bit of difficulty following through on projects. But it could be pretty cool, especially if you got a good viewership. you leave the ending pretty open when you start, so you can read all the comments your viewers have and steal all the good ideas from them.

Did you know you can put advertisements on yoru blog through Google, and they'll pay you for it!?! I don't knwo what to think about this, or hwo much they'll actually pay. Not betting on much. You might see from my lack of advertisement that i haven't bought in yet. Mostly i don't know much of it at all except that i have a tab on my blog that says "Monetize." How very verby.

that's all I got tonight. Not much, I know, but it's PRACTICE. to stop sucking. wit hthe writing. suffer with me.

4 comments:

Jesse and Melissa said...

Are you sure you not just writing because I told you?? =). By the way, we did drink water from a tree...crazy. He we are still alive!!

Jesse and Melissa said...

That was me, Melissa.

nate are said...

It is true, Melissa, that your comment did start my brain churning a little! You may take credit.

Unknown said...

Nice one.....


------------------------------
Bitter Melon Fruit