Friday, August 26, 2011

Be Kind, Rewind

There will be no Jack Black in this post. Except in that sentence. No more Jack Black. At least after that sentence.

If you don't get that joke, then you're probably most people, and you're probably right that it isn't funny. And to that I say, neither is Jack Black (usually).

I didn't get out on my run tonight (boo), but it was because I got to hang out with Cheryl while she was cutting my hair. i love that gal. But i should be able to get a run in tomorrow, which I usually can't because of music practice. And could be a good thing, 'cuz my legs were really sore from Krav yesterday. Kicked my @$$.

Today I went back and rewound a little bit, inserting a section into the very beginning of chapter 1 that I had skimmed over way too quickly. It was way to important to the theme of the book. Good thing I caught it.

612 more words, and I'm now onto page 3. w00t! I still gather I have another page, page and a half for chapter 1. My soft goal was friday, i might bounce that to saturday. We'll see! I'm not worried.

I think i'll have to talk about something in my blog tomorrow, lets see, maybe I'll talk about TV and why i think it's one of the best and most under-used storytelling mediums? Maybe. maybe i'll save that for later.

As it is...

Activities for Today
  • 612 words written in chapter 1 (as told by Open Office)
  • Read some more Goin to Kansas City
  • Maintain sanity until Friday
Paper Airplane Design of the Day
Music of the Day
Random Song Lyric of the Day, courtesy of Regina Spektor
  • "I've got a perfect body, because my eyelashes catch my sweat, yes they do!"
Friday-tastic Activity Goals
  • Finish Chapter 1 (we'll still be ambitious tonight)
  • Dance the Happy Friday Dance (who's idea was this? Not gonna happen!)
  • Invite Norah Jones out for coffee if she happens to drop by my store....

2 comments:

e.kinnear said...

I can't remember the movie, but I think I get the Jack Black reference. I guess if I only think I get the reference, I probably didn't. Whatever. If you were referencing the movie I'm thinking of ... I got it. If you're being funny about something else ... I guess I'm most people. Gah. :)

Brad said...

You don't remember the movie because you slept through it. But points for getting the reference anyway!