Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Transfer of Momentum

Once again, i shifted back to the detailing of notes. Didn't get any words written in the novel proper, but i was expecting Dusty to stop by at any time and i didn't want to be knee deep in writing and have to stop. Transcribing notes is something you can stop pretty easily.

I did work on the notes for the Singer's Tale, and I made some good progress. I identified all (or at least most) of the major characters who will appear. Most importantly, I put together all (or most all) of the chapter themes and topics for the Singer's Tale. I'll admit, in the past few days i was getting a little bit worried about the Singer's Tale, that I wouldn't know what all I should include for it. But it all came together really well, and as I continue to read Goin to Kansas City (which contains a great deal of eyewitness accounts from exactly then) I feel like I will be better equipped to expound on these topics.

I also realized that I had skipped a very important part I was planning to include in the beginning of chapter 1 with Sadie, our singer. I'm going to have to go back and put in some more text in the first few paragraphs. This is sort of breaking one of the rules I set for myself, but i feel it's important to do for this. the rule i'm talking about, by the way, is that i vowed not to go back and tinker and rewrite the text that I'd already put down. When i'm finished with everything, then I'll be able to go back and do my tinkering and rewrites, but if I start to do that now it'll become way too easy to get bogged down and not make any forward progress.

I didn't get my run in today, but Krav Maga kicked my butt anyways. This whole week, at least the classes I went to Monday and today had a lot more intense warm-ups than usual. I'm not complaining--I'm all for ratcheting it up a notch. I think they're getting people ready for the belt testing in September, which i will not be able to take part of (since I will be out of town until the weeee hours of the night before). I'll have to wait for december to test for level 1. I'm perfectly okay with that.

Sooooooooooooooo..........(a needle pulling thread)

Activites for the Day:
  • Transcribe notes for the Singer's Tale onto the computer
  • Organize the themes/subjects for each chapter of the Singer's Tale
  • Track down pictures of Fascination Street (or rather, the club of which I'm basing Fascination street)
  • Continue reading Goin' to Kansas City
Music for the Day
TV Shows I Plan to Watch Tonight Because They're Awesome
  • Warehouse 13 (Liz & Brad, I think you guys would love this one...)
  • Eureka (Jesse & Melissa, I think you guys would love this one...)
Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day, Aug. 25, 2011
  • Whirligig: noun, 1: a child's toy having a whirling motion; 2a : one that continuously whirls or changes b : a whirling or circling course (as of events)

1 comment:

Brad said...

I've never heard of Wearhouse 13. I'll have to check it out!