Monday, August 22, 2011

Quick Like a Fox, or a very fast Turtle

So I'll make it quick, 'cuz Mikey's waiting to watch an episode of Supernatural. Musn't keep him waiting.

I was excited today to receive not one, but both of the books I had ordered in the mail. Both earlier than expected. Sweet.

I got my run in today. Mondays & Wednesdays are shorter runs, because I have to squeeze them in between work and Krav Maga (which is a workout by itself). That's a 40 minute window to get home from work, get changed, get out on the run, and back to the car so I can make it to Krav. So I do a hard 2 miles...I ran the 2 today faster than my recent 4 mile runs, which is good, but not my fastest 2 times. I was in a hurry and didn't stretch well enough today, and I had a lot of trouble concentrating on my stride. I kept landing wrong. But i did okay.

Anywhoseewhatsit...

Activities for Today:
  • Wrote in Chapter 1 (188 words, by Open Office standards)
  • Will read some pages in Goin' to Kansas City
Music of the Day:
Completely Unrelated Quote of the Day:
  • "I've got two words for you: dumb!"
Impulse Buy of the Day
Goals for Tomorrow:
  • Continue to write in Chapter 1, as possible
  • Read more Goin to Kansas City
  • Continue to transcribe handwritten notes

1 comment:

e.kinnear said...

I dunno about whiskey (ewww), but that JD sounds DELISH!