Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ants Marching

Contrary to popular belief, we will not be talking about Dave Matthews today. Let's get that out of the way right now. Nothing against him; just nothing for him today.

Thank goodness that wagons are not bucking broncos or raging bulls. You can tell me which one is easier to get back on. I have managed to find time today to:
  • finish my run
  • order a laptop
  • write in my novel
  • make attempts at being witty in my blog for you fellows
I have not read yet. There's still light left in the day. Mostly because i control the switch on the light which turns it on or off. gotta love power over power.

So I ordered a laptop! I had actually wanted to do it last weekend, but as I went to click on the "Check Out" icon at NewEgg.com, I was informed that my laptop was most recently declared "Out of Stock." that was a little frustrating.

i've actually been planning to buy a laptop for a little bit of time now. The one i'm currently using is about 4 1/2 years old, and on the verge of death. The battery is well and long gone, the wireless card is shot, i'm two Windows OS's out of date, and I'm pretty sure I saw a snail moving faster. Most impressively, if you knew me from way back, was the dedicated effort i took to not make an impulse buy. It took me 3 months to settle on a laptop. Now that i've decided on which one, I'm overcome with the crippling fear that i chose the wrong one. Too late!

Oh, yeah. I got an Acer Aspire AS5750-6690. And I most certainly did not pay the price Amazon wants to charge for it. Silly Amazon, kicks are for trids.

I will most definately tell you how it is after I get it, and then after I've had it for a year I'll tell you how it really is, rather than how it is compared to my 4 1/2 year old antique.

I went running too! Went out on my 4 miler course, as normal. It wasn't as smooth as most of my other runs have been recently. My calves got really tight about halfway through it, and made it quite uncomfortable. Had to even stop for a short bit to stretch them out more. I'm pretty sure I'll feel it in those same calves tomorrow morning when I wake up. I started out of the gate really fast, probably a little too fast. it caught up to me. Have to work on better pacing next time, and by next time, i mean tomorrow.

So, then, as it goes...

Activities on Yesterday's To-Do List that I Checked "Off" Today
  • Run 4 miles!
  • Write in Chapter 2, the Musicians Tale (I got to introduce/describe Louis, the "villain" of the story)
  • Read SOMETHING/ANYTHING. Ok, honestly, I haven't done this. Yet. but I will read some pages before bed. i promise. Pinky swear.
Picture of the Day

Dante's Inferno, one of the clubs in 1930's Kansas City. As you can see, the walls were made to look like cave walls (with "decorations"), and the waitresses were dressed in little devil uniforms. The story goes that the uniforms had little devil tales, which caused all sorts of trouble because they would smack into things, but more troublesome guys would grab on to them to pull the pretty girls over to them. Grab and yank on a waitress scurrying around with a tray full of drinks, what do you think will happen?







Music for the Day

Goals for Tomorrow
  • Band practice! I miss playing with Esperanza Viva
  • Running, still.
  • May or may not continue to write, as possible, on Chapter 2.
  • Drink a toast to three day weekends
  • Most definately do not do a Friday dance

2 comments:

e.kinnear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
e.kinnear said...

Being witty is exactly why I do not write in my blog. I'm still reading so you must be witty enough :)!