Monday, September 12, 2011

Red Hot

So if it wasn't enough to spend the weekend in Kansas, now i get to spend the week in Dallas for work. I got into the hotel last night, and I was already tired of traveling. I'm glad that I really like a lot of the people in my training class this week--we'll have fun--but i'm way ready to spend more than one straight, normal week at home.

Apparently the airlines have an identity crisis. I had a ticket for United flight 4659. The flight was:
  • Operated by SkyWest Airlines
  • dba (doing business as) United Express
  • but I actually flew on Continental Airlines
Quite the confusing. Bonus: Continental Airlines apparently has the most beautiful flight attendants. Olympia was gorgeous, and had that asian fashionista look down...complete with the perpetual "i'm sooo bored" attitude. Kayleigh and Magdalena, also beautiful. Bonus, they knew how to smile.

I managed to turn on the computer for a few minutes during the flight to work on the novel. I broke one of my rules, and read back through what i'd written for chapter 2. I only changed one word and added one small preposition, so i can accept my lack of meddling. Truthfully? I was expecting it to be subpar; it exceeded expectations. I was impressed. I also added a few paragraphs before we dropped below 10,000 feet and they made me turn it off.

I did go out running today. It was 17 degrees cooler than the last time I was running in dallas. That means it was still 95 degrees out today. ugh. I ran about 5 miles, and I realized that I was not properly hydrated. It sucked. I thought i'd drank enough water today; i was wrong. Will have to drink more tomorrow.

i'm tired right now, so you'll have to excuse my lack of the normalties, because i'm gonna go watch some football. and by watch, i mean that i'll probably fall asleep to some football. class is early tomorrow.

No comments: