Thursday, September 1, 2011

Trench work

Yesterday was spent playing Madden 12. We knew that was coming. No surprises there.

Today was also spent playing Madden, but I had to make sure I did some writing. Skipping one extra day is okay--i think allowing yourself to indulge once in awhile helps you maintain the focus necessary to complete the long hall. But two days is slacking off, and you loose momentum. So I wrote today.

But I have to admit, i didn't run. I got off of work late, so no Krav, and was frustrated i couldn't find something on several trips to the store. I determined it would be best for me to reschedule my Wednesday workout for Friday since I'll have time this week between work and music practice (which I normally do not).

Anyways, honestly, today is not very inspiring. I started Chapter 2, but I only wrote because I knew i had to. Same thing here. not feeling it today. But you knwo what? I'm okay with that. As long as I'm still doing it. Every day's not going to be puppies and ice cream, and sometimes you've just gotta slog through it. maybe I didn't write as well as i feel i can in that section, no big deal. I'll be back rewriting later on, i can fix it then.

So then...

Activities for Today
  • begin writing Chapter 2, the Musician's Tale (chapter titled, tentatively, One Bad Night & One Bad Decision)--330 words, as indicated by Open Office
  • slog through the blog
Guilty Candy Pleasure for the Day
Goals for Tomorrow
  • Run 4 miles.
  • continue writing in Chapter 2, as possible
  • and/or transcribe handwritten notes onto file
  • READ (something, anything)

No comments: