Friday, September 9, 2011

On the Road Again

So, for the first time, i'm posting this blog on my new computer. also, sitting in my parent's family room, which is still, as it has been for a great many years, in kansas city. I have parents upstairs, as well as the whole kit-and-caboodle of brother, sister, and in-lawed brother & sister. I just think of them as my brothers & sisters, the whole.

I spent several hours of my day today on airplanes, and not as much as I expected in airports. I arrived at San Francisco International Airport at such a perfect time to get my tickets, process through security, and get in line to board my plane. I proceeded to sleep that plane to the airport in Minneapolis (don't forget St. Paul!). I only say Minneapolis Airport because that's what they called it. i disagree, it appears to be significantly more like a mall that they park airplanes nearby. Although I'll give them credit for being a nice mall. I only had time to walk from one end of Minneapolis to the other, pick up a cheeseburger (double, thank you, bacon of course) and most importantly a cup of coffee from Caribou Coffee. In the Bay area, we have Starbucks aplenty and Peets a-not-enough-plenty, but we're missing out on two of the finer coffee-serving chains out there, the above mentioned Caribou Coffee (who's slogan is excellent..."Life is too short, stay awake longer") and the ever wonderful Dunkin' Donuts. I am pro-chain coffeeshops, because it is immensely comforting for me to know that anywhere I go in the US, I can always find a good cup of joe within striking distance. The Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks at the airport in Lima, Peru (which is not at all in the US!) were wonderfully comforting.

I think I digressed. I arrived at my gate in Minneapolis with just enough time to get in line to board there, too, and then I read my book The Savage Detectives throughout that flight. then i was home, and it was dinner, and then it was off to the Greek Food Festival, and then it was off to the Hoolihans with the Liz & the Brad for drinks with Sara & her beau Steven, and then it was home for a good ol' fashion sibling hangout.

There was no novel working to be seen. I'll get back into it. One of the reasons for the new laptop: I can work on the novel all week in Dallas (if we don't go out to dive bar/pool hall every night). Maybe not tomorrow though. we'll see. Busy day.

Looks like i missed the thunderstorms back home. Oh, wait. There was a thunderstorm here too. Nevermind.

So, then...

Running Accomplishments for Yesterday:
  • The half is closing. Gotta up my distances. Ran 5.25 miles at about race pace. Little bit slower. Felt really smooth actually. Started off slow, but got into a good groove later. Gonna have to test out my 5 Finger Socks soon.
Activities for Today:
  • vacation, as listed above. I'm not repeating myself.
LinkMusic of the Day
Ethnic Dessert of the Day:
Goals for Tomorrow:

2 comments:

Amber-Dawn said...

I enjoyed reading your post. However, all your running around is making me tired. I take the other side of that slogan, "Life is short, stay awake." I definitely vote for getting lots of sleep. Woo! Enjoy your vacation.

stephanie said...

Hope Dallas treats you well! Great to see you.